Port Sidney Marina to Host Largest In-the-water Boat Show on West Coast
27th April 2023
Nothing will take the chill out of the air than a spring boat show. Celebrating its 32nd anniversary, the BC Boat Show returns May 4 – 7, 2023, at Port Sidney Marina in Sidney, BC. Over the years the event has grown to be the largest in-the-water show on the west coast and is hosted by the British Columbia Yacht Brokers Association (BCYBA). This year, the show has over 4,000ft of dock space & exhibitor booths featuring everything from boat yard services, hardware, equipment, navigation electronics, clothing, etc. Attendees can discuss the many features of the boats on display with knowledgeable and professionally certified yacht brokers. Sales often occur right at the show, as the brokers are usually prepared with the best boats at the show. With visitors from across British Columbia, Alberta and Washington State, the seaside town of Sidney will be transformed for the weekend. Many local businesses also theme their window displays around the boat show.
Watercraft of every kind will be on display and range from paddle boards, kayaks and inflatables to power and sailing vessels of every size. Professional brokerages bring a large inventory of vessels to the show and will be there to welcome attendees aboard to tour the boats of their dreams.
For visitors to the Island, make a weekend of it and enjoy all that Sidney and the surrounding area has to offer including beautiful beaches, forest hikes, restaurants, shopping and many visitor attractions.
Stay informed at BC Boat Show
|Thursday, May 4||11:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Friday, May 5||11:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Saturday, May 6||10:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Sunday, May 7||10:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Adult One-day ticket||$13 advance – $15 at the gate|
|Senior/Student One-day ticket||$11 advance – $13 at the gate|
|Child under 16 One-day ticket||Free – when accompanied by an adult|
|All Access Pass (Four-day pass)||$30 – only available online!|
· One-day tickets are valid for any one day of the Boat Show.
· To attend multiple days, buy two or more one-day tickets.
· Purchase the All Access Pass to attend all four days of the Show for one great price!
· Note: Advance ticket prices do not include taxes & admin fees.
Advance tickets available until May 3rd.
How to get to the Show?
- Port Sidney Marina is located just 10 minutes from the Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal. Local transportation options include BC Transit, Sidney Taxi, Yellow Cab of Victoriaand Enterprise Car Rental.
- A free shuttle bus will be running during show hours from the ferry terminal to Port Sidney Marina, stopping at the Mary Winspear Centre, where free parking will be available. The shuttle (a Travelodge shuttle with a “BC Boat Show” sign on both the front and back) will pick up from the kiosk by the short-term parking lot shortly after each ferry arrival.
BC Ferries Schedule
Travelers planning to get to Sidney from the Metro Vancouver area will have to do so by ferry. Visit the BC Ferries website to find ferry schedules and fee information.
Your summer on the water starts at the BC Boat Show so come and join in the fun.
We look forward to seeing you there!