The 53' Canoe Cove, a popular and well proven Pacific North West design. 53 Canoe Coves were built here on the coast and were found in commercial, charter, and the pleasurecraft environment all over North America. These modified V hulls with a modest beam and shallow keel are great all round performers, which are well suited for our North West waters. Canoe Cove offered a few different cabin configurations and would create semi custom versions . This particular version, is a long one level salon, three cabins, two heads, large cockpit, and huge flybridge deck, it is called the Sports Sedan. There were a numer of engine options back in the day, but the twin Detroit 671TI engines were a premium option which provided the HP and logevity well suited for a quality boat.
This vessel had spent much of its life in fresh water, with evidence of knowlegeable use and care. Recently the vessel has been going through a period of maintenance and renewal which has created an opportunity to purchase an unspoiled classic 53 Canoe Cove that is in great shape and is ready to cover some miles.
Noteable features and equipment:
- Comfortable lower helm with good visibility
- Large covered and enclosed cockpit with fiberglass hardtop and removable canvas sides
- Strong, great running 410hp Detroit Diesels
- Large open salon that will allow you to choose and customize the space with your furnature choices
- New Garmin Chart Plotter & Radar
- 500 GPD Watermaker
- Basement with Washer, Dryer, and additional Freezer
- Huge flybridge perfect for lounging, entertaining, or storage of additional equipment
This is a well built boat with recent maintenance and a strong powerplant, there is good value here. If you are in the market for classic 53 Canoe Cove, contact us today as we would like to get you aboard this boat.
Additional Equipment and Information
Cockpit - Access to the cockpit is from the well supported swim paltform surrounded by tall railings and fitted with a swim ladder. Passing through an inward swinging, port side, transom door you will step into the large covered and enclosed cockpit area. From here there is a stairway to the bridge and double sliding door to the main cabin. This is a great all weather and multi use space with a number of storage compartments. The hardtop over the cockpit is well done and provides unparalled protection for the space.
- Ice Maker
- Port and Starboard Side Storage Lockers
- Fiberglass Storage Box
- Impressive Fiberglass Hardtop Supprted by Quality Stainless Steel frames
- Aluminum & Glass Companionway door with bug screens
- Stairway to Bridge
- Engine & Genset Access under cockpit
- Canvas Side windows in good condition, roll up or remove when the whether permits
Bridge Deck/Flybridge - There is a very well done sliding overhead hatch that opens and allows one to easily walk up the stairway to the Flybridge. On the Flybridge you will find an impressive ammount of open uncluttered space, with room for a good size tender. The chocks and davit is already in place. Going forward you will find the bridge is fitted with port and starboard double seats that convert to single sleepers, a center helm seat, all covered by a quality Bimini. The controls and helm are in good shape and the position provides great visibilty.
- Helm/Bridge Cover
- Stainless Steel Fender Storage
- Manual/Electric Davit
- Tender Storage/Chocks
Foredeck - The foredeck is accessed from either port or starboard by decent width walkways accessed from the cockpit, or from Port helm sliding door. There is a good height solid continuous bow and side rail for good protection when going forward. The foredeck is a flat raised cabin trunk and continued side decks leading to a spacious area around the windlass, nicely finished with nonskid gelcoat.
- Electric Windlass(McMurphy/McMurry), Line Drum, Chain & Line Gypsy, Line Cleat
- Anchor is a Danforth with 300' of 5/16" Chain
Salon - Entry to the Salon is from the cockpit through the two sliding glass doors. Inside you will find a spacious open flex space that can be furnished to ones taste or preference. The sole is carpted, the mill work is well finished teak which remains in great shape today. From the built in bar spaces, to the cabinetry, and on to the custom TV Stand & Storage, there is quality wood work throughout. One of the more noticeable features of the salon is the very large cabin windows and the view aft through the cockpit. The windows combined with teak accented white headliner make this a very bright and welcoming space.
- New LED & Traditional Flourescent Lighting
- Large Cabin windows
- Quality Millwork Stained Teak
- Carpeted Sole
- Hunter Douglas Blinds
- Built in Bar and Storage
Lower Helm Area - Port Midship is the built in double bench seat where one is equpped with all of the instruments, controls, and navigation systems to run this vessel. The view is decent and the comforts are excellent.
- Port Side sliding door from helm to deck
- Raised Double Bench Seat with significant storage
- Canvas Cover for Helm/Forward Windows
Starboard Galley - The galley is adjacent to the lower helm, the space is well quipped with all you would need to cook quality meals, while working in a space that is part of the socail area and has excellent views.
- Electric Stove Oven
- Double Stainless Steel Sink
- Decent storage, unique built in storage spaces
- Large Sliding Chart Table
Master Stateroom - This cabin is locted in the forepeak and is a generous open space with two comfortable single/twin berths, a seated work station or vanity, impressive storage, opening ports & hatches.
- Diesel & Electric heat
- Opening Hatch, Opening Ports
- Suitable space to convert to an island queen berth if deisred.
Master Enusite Head - This is a good sized space with a new Techma electric toilet, vanity, diesel heat, opening port, & a separate shower compartment.
Second Stateroom - Located to Port, this cabin fits a lower double berth with an optional fold out bunk avove. Storage below berth, electric & diesel heat, and an opening port.
Third Stateroom - Located to Starboard, this cabin has a singe/twin berth with reasonable storage, floor space for changing, electric & diesel heat, and an opening port.
Guest Head - Located to Port aft of the master stateroom. Electric Techma Toilet, decent vanity, storage, diesel heat, and an opening port.
Basement - Under the salon floor you will find a large open mechanical space with access to tanks, water systems, water maker, washer, dryer, freezer, and other important gear. These large workable spaces are incredibly useful and reasonably accessable onboard.
Engines & Mechanical:
- Engines Rebuilt in 1995, 2237hrs Port & 2209hrs Starboard,
- Walter V-Drives
- New Turbos 2021
- New Exhaust - 2021
- Renewed Engine Hoses - 2021
- Recent Engine Services, Oil, Fluids & Filter changes, RW Impellers, July 2021
- Sized down injectors installed, original full volume injectors stored and included with the boat
Approximate RPM and resulting speed in Knots
- 2200=20.5 kt (WOT) Note last test with full tanks was 19.2kts)
- Full tanks of fuel June 2022
- All new batteries,Ten 6Volt Golf Cart Style, over 1000 Amp Hours House Bank
- New Engine and Genset batteries
Maintenance & Renewal:
- New Four Blade Propellers October 2021
- New original specification Rudders installed in October 2021
- Spare set of Michigan Nibral Propellers serviced and kept as spares
- Waste and Sanitaion System replaced, new hoses, toilets, and 80Gal holding tank with sensor Since the fall of 2021
- Bottom Paint and Zincs done Fall 2021
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Canadian vessels are for sale while located in Canada and are not for sale while located in the USA. Foreign registered vessels are not for sale while located in Canada.
|No. of Engines||2|
|Engine No. 1|
|Engine Model||671 TI|
|Engine No. 2|
|Engine Model||671 TI|
|Builder||Canoe Cove Manufacturing|
|Max Draft||4.33 ft|
|Cruising Speed||11 kn|