Gallery & 3D Tour
Contact James Neil
Mobile: 604.306.1215 Toll Free: 1.877.609.0985 Office: 1.604.609.0985
8 Great Reasons to buy a boat with James and Freedom Marine "Click Here"
Aftercare - Boathouse FacilityFind out more
Tollycraft only made 32 (produced from 1983 - 1993) of this highly sought after and timeless contemporary classic 61' Pilothouse, which was the result of a collaboration between founder R.M. (Tolly) Tollefson and designer Ed Monk, Jr. She features a hand laminated sandwich cored hull, foam filled full length longitudinal stringers, and solid keel filled with foam and silica/resin. Her deck is hand laminated and cored with end grain balsa on all horizontal surfaces.
Her handsome lines combine with the styling of a low-profile custom yacht blend perfectly with the functional design of the spacious sun-deck and wide covered side decks. The Airex-cored Quadra Lift hull is fuel and power efficient as well as seaworthy enough to take the often adverse Pacific Northwest conditions with grace. Double chine's at the waterline serve as stabilizers for the round bottomed hull (13-degrees amidship deadrise), as well as knock down spray and reduce the wetted area of the hull. The result is a stable, comfortable ride and a cruising speed of 16 - 18 knots.
Thanks to her discerning ownership over the years, Delfin is in amazing "Bristol" like condition and substantially better now than when it was delivered to her original owner. Well over a million US dollars has been spent on a refit by a professional designer and numerous upgrades.
She offers an exceptional 3 stateroom, 2 head layout with wide covered side decks, spacious Flybridge with wet bar and BBQ for entertaining, well appointed and situated Pilothouse for navigating and well organised and roomy machinery space. This yacht was one of only 5 made with cockpit wood framed French doors with Phantom screens. They open up to a very spacious & comfortable salon with excellent visibility and natural light and same level remodelled Gourmet Chef's galley with solid granite counter-tops and side wet bar.
The salon features custom furniture including pull-out queen haida bed, custom built high/low leafing settee table with SS crank and in cabinet electric TV mount with swivel. All the glazing in the Pilothouse was replaced and reseeded in 2021-22 by Bounty Marine (expert in Tollycraft glass replacement). All headliners, interior walls, and both staterooms were remodelled in 2000.
Her hull, and top sides shine from regular wax and polishing over the years, and her brightworks are in near perfect condition. The larger upgraded 735HP Detroit's with only 3300 hrs increase her value and provide improved performance in comparison with most other models with the standard smaller engines.
She is totally modernized and has an updated interior with remodelled galley, and will certainly appeal to the most discriminating of buyer’s searching for a turn key opportunity for a highly coveted yacht. Recently surveyed with no deficiencies noted and appraised at the current asking price.
Notable Features and Upgrades:
- Upgraded 735HP Detroit Diesels (3300 Hrs)
- Garmin 24" Multi-Function Navigation Displays in Pilothouse and integrated new Garmin 12" GPS in FB
- Renovated Chef's Galley with granite counter tops and Gaggenau SS appliances including over sized oven
- Wesmar Hydraulic Stabilizers
- Wesmar Hydraulic Bow and Stern Thrusters
- Kohler 20KW and 8KW Generators
- 2 x 50 Gallon Holdings Tanks, pumps and hoses - New 2020
- Webasto hydronic closed system diesel heating
- Spectra Catalina 340Z Watermaker
- Stidd Leather Helm Chair
- Starlink System
- Miele Washer & Dryer
- Remote controlled electric TV lift with swivel recessed in cabinet in salon
- Backup camera and Fusion stereo with settings integrated into the Garmin displays
- 2020 Walker Bay Generation tender with Yamaha 60HP OB and custom canvas cover
Also available is a 2020 Custom 70' x 25' Boathouse with a 500 sq ft insulated suite for $249K CAD with plenty of free parking and located at Bridges Marina on Dyke Rd near Shelter Island Marina & Yard in Richmond, BC. Major mall shopping located 5 mins away. Annual moorage is $17,000 CAD and there is plenty of free parking in a gated gravel parking at the top of the ramp.
- 6" x 6" timber framed with metal clad exterior and scissor trusses
- Cut out dimensions are 64' x 19'3" x 25' high opening
- 50 Amp Shore Power
- 8 x power outlets
- Fuse panel
- Hose outlet
- Electric remote controlled curtain
- Work bench
- Large water way for easy maneuvering
- Coded locked gate security
- Located at the bottom of the ramp close to parking lot
Delfin's versatile and functional layout accommodates sleeping for 8 in three cabins plus a pull out haida bed located in the main salon. Boarding Delfin is made easy across a broad swim platform and through a transom door. Additionally, there is a custom boarding gate located on the starboard side deck.
The salon is accessed from large teak trimmed double French doors which improve the fore/aft visibility. To starboard is a custom sofa fronted by an expansive custom high/low table that doubles as a dining space. The aft section of the sofa is flanked by a custom built cabinet that houses a pop up flat screen Sony TV which raises electrically by remote and rotates to enhance viewing. Across to port are two comfortable designer chairs. The large salon windows coupled with the aft and full height bulkhead doors provide the salon with a virtually uninterrupted wrap around 270 degree view and enhance the overall light, bright and airy Salon.
Immediately forward of the salon is the totally updated Chef's galley. Some amazing improvements make this unlike any other 61. The renovation included the addition of an enormous full height Sub Zero refrigerator/freezer relocated to the port side covered with the same beautiful solid teak that faces the wet bar and cabinets at the port forequarter of the main cabin.
Continuing forward and up three steps is the raised pilothouse, which serious and experienced mariners will truly appreciate due to large bright windows which allow for fantastic visibility in all directions. The pilothouse features a fully integrated and modernized electronics package complete with new dual Garmin 24" navigation displays. A Stidd leather helm chair is positioned at the centerline for the Captain with additional seating is provided by a raised leather cruising settee which is fronted by a serving table. Access to the fly bridge is easy and convenient via a stairway located aft and to port with side deck access thru sliding doors.
The three cabins below decks are accessed via a curved staircase forward and to port of the pilothouse helm area. All the way forward is the VIP Cabin which features an island queen berth with storage below, two hanging lockers and additional and abundant storage elsewhere in the cabin. The VIP cabin has a combination of bright painted and upholstered surfaces that create a classy, warm and cozy cabin.
Aft of the VIP cabin and to starboard is the private guest stateroom featuring twin side by side berths which double as an additional sleeping space for guests or storage.
The shared guest head is located directly across the companionway from the guest stateroom and features a large stall shower, electric toilet, vanity, sink and mirror.
Located aft and mid ship is the spacious full beam master stateroom complete with a private ensuite head and featuring a Queen size pedestal berth and an abundance of storage in the cabin. Sophisticated high end designer soft goods throughout help to create luxurious and comfortable accommodations.
Access to the machinery space is thru a large hatch opening in the cockpit which opens up to the lazarette with abundant storage, and another sealed door hatch to the engine room.Hull, Deck, & Main Structure
- Modified V hull
- Hull material molded fiber reinforced polyester (FRP) with core material sandwich
- Gelcoat finish
- Painted bottom with anti-fouling paint
- 10 degree deadrise aft section
- Rounded chine
- FRP encapsulated longitudinal and athwartship stringers
- Plywood bulkheads
- FRP and FRP-core sandwich exterior
- Three trunk deck hatches for ventilation and emergency exit
- FRP and FRP-core sandwich superstructure
- 8 port lights
- 3 forward deck hatches - reseeded in 2022
- 2 built-in side vents
- Molded FRP-core sandwich decks with anti-skid for safety
- Teak cockpit sole
- Cockpit access to lazarette and engine room with electric ram
- Varnished Teak cap rail
- Cut-in starboard aft section boarding gate
- Bronze V Shaft struts
- Maxwell 3500 windlass rebuilt with new Gypsy - 2021
- Wireless remote anchor control
- Bruce 50 kg galvanized anchor w/ NEW 550' G43 chain w/counter and safety shackle
- Bow and stern fresh water water washdowns
- Rapid Fix E.P.I.R.B.
- Dual flybridge helm chairs with covers
- Guest settee bench seating with covers
- Guest settee L-shaped seating with covers
- Bimini top
- Oversized LYNX propane BBQ with (3) tanks and new propane regulator
- Wet bar with new Isotherm bar fridge, and cabinet with sink
- Rebuilt FB wood panelled dash with NEW Garmin 12" GPS Map 8612 connecting with Pilothouse Garmin displays - 2021
- Simrad/Robertson AP 22 AutoPilot
- ICOM VHF radio
- MMC Binnacle Controls
- Bow & Stern Thrusters
- Analogue Gauges
- Magnetic Compass
Pilothouse & Helm
The pilothouse both spacious and well-organized, with a large chart table, wet gear locker, raised settee with table, and access to side decks and bridge. Overhead panels are provided for electronics, and a radar cabinet is near the helm. Notable features include the following:
- (2) New state-of-the-art Garmin 8622 HD 24" anti glare / auto dimming / touch screen displays with full internal network capability for radar (AIS transceiver), chartplotter, sonar, weather, VHF, stereo and cameras.
- New Pilothouse windows - 2021-22
- Port and starboard side doors leading to side decks for easy line and fender handling
- Comfortable adjustable Stidd leather helm chair
- Raised leather cruising settee and dinette with excellent visibility
- Large chart plotting surface
- Chart drawers
- Interior stairs leading up to fly bridge
- Starlink System
- MMC Binnacle controls
- Floscan Fuel Monitors
- Danforth Constellation Magnetic Compass
- S/S Destroyer steering wheel
- Simrad / Robertson AP 22 autopilot
- Simrad / Robertson R135 rudder angle indicator
- Link multi-function speed, temperature, depth
- Link wind indicator
- 2 x Garmin 8622 VHF, ICOM 127 VHF
- Backup camera integrated to Garmin displays
The main saloon is elegantly paneled in teak with ample headroom, expansive windows for great visibility and light, wet bar, large L shaped sofa with pull-out queen haida bed and settee adjustable high/low leafing table. An entertainment center has an electric mounted Sony TV recessed in a cabinet.
Delfin is one of only 5 x 61’s that were built with the aft double glass French doors, which provide an amazing amount of light and a sense of spaciousness.
Notable improvements such as custom headliners, carpeting, furniture, sconces and designer soft goods allow for a relaxing and enjoyable area to entertain guests.Galley
The galley is completely remodelled by a Professional Interior Designer with an unlimited budget and a Gourmet Chef's delight. Forward of the salon, but still open and airy, it's complete with dishwasher, garbage disposal and trash compactor and plenty of drawer and cabinet storage above and below. A microwave oven augments the conventional oven and four burner stove, and there is both refrigerator and freezer drawers relocated to port allowing more granite counter space, plus storage cabinets large enough to hold Cuisinart or other items. It features the following designer equipment and upgrades:
- Teak panelled Sub Zero 700 TC refrigerator with freezer drawer and built in icemaker in bottom drawer.
- Gaggenau LPG (2 Burner) & electric (2 Burner) stove top
- Gaggenau electric 36" convection oven
- GE S/S Profile Spacemaker 11 microwave oven
- Miele G811SC dishwasher
- Broan S/S trash compactor
- Granite counter-tops
- Custom bamboo flooring
- Custom cook-top designer tile back-splash
- New headliner with LED lighting
- Designer drawer pulls on cabinets
- Extended countertop for food prep and or serving
A spiral staircase leads from the pilothouse to the three staterooms below with Miele washer and dryer located inside a louvered closet at the base and mid hallway.
The full beam width owner's stateroom has a Queen-size island berth and lounging settee as well as built-in night tables, lighted vanity and dressing table. Storage is extensive, with a full-height wardrobe, bureau, and hanging lockers. The spacious private head compartment has both tub and enclosed shower.
The forward VIP stateroom also features a Queen-size pedestal bed with drawer storage below and cabinetry on both sides and hanging locker storage. Hatches above and portlights provide plenty of natural light.
The starboard mid ship stateroom has twin single berths with reading lights and ample drawer storage.
The guest cabins share a head compartment to port complete with walk-in shower stall.
- Twin 735 HP raw water cooled Detroit Diesel 8 V 92 TA’s with 3300 original hours
- Twin Disc MG 5111-A transmissions (1.93:1)
- Wesmar hydraulic stabilizers
- Wesmar hydraulic bow and stern thrusters
- Steelhead 1500 lb.hydraulic davit w/power up, down, in, and out boom function - Steering Arm rebuilt and fluid changed. System flushed, and crane arm rebuilt 2021
- Webasto boiler DBW2020.63 zoned heating system w/Everhot hot water heat exchanger
- Spectra Catalina 340Z Watermaker - 2017
- Floscan fuel gauges
- Engine tach, oil, temp, fuel and alarm gauges on engines with remote start/ stop
- Volt and Amp gauges
- Bennett dual cylinder trim tabs (2)
- Spade rudders
- S/S 2 ½ shafts with spur line cutters
- PYI/PSS shaft seals
- Twin 32x34 4 blade Nibral bronze propellers
- Hynautic hydraulic steering
- Racor 73/1000MA/2020SM dual fuel filter with restriction gauges
- Jabsco oil changing system for mains, gears and generator
- Dometic Master-Flush toilets (2)
- Jabsco (2) macerator overboard discharge pumps
- Central vacuum system
- Miele W 1930 clothes washer (Lower companionway locker)
- Miele T1520 clothes dryer (Lower companionway)
- House fresh water system with Groco-Paragon accumulator tank
- 2 x Holding Tanks 50 gallons each, pumps and hoses - New 2020
- Torrid 30 gallon hot water tank
- Halon fire suppression system
- Kalenburg air horn with Buell compressor
- Engine room blowers
- 2018 Kohler 20KW Generator (584 hours) and 1991 Kohler 8KW Generator (2,700 hours) with enclosed sound shields
- AC 50 AMP shore power system w/Glendinning cable master
- 12 & 24 volt DC system
- Battery Charging System: Engine alternators, Victron Multiplus Inverter Chargers and Samlex 80 Systems - New 2021 by Pacific Yacht Systems
- 9 x Firefly Oasis AGM Batteries - New 2020 by Pacific Yacht Systems
- 12 VDC 130 AMP Leece-Neville alternator
- 24 VDC 70 AMP Detroit Allison alternator
- Battery switches
- Link battery monitor
- Main vessel AC/DC breaker panel (Pilothouse staircase)
- GFCI protection
- Vessel bonding system
- 6 x 12 VDC 2000 GPH Rule bilge pumps w/high water alarm indicators
- 2020 Walker Bay Generation 400 Rigid Inflatable w/Yamaha 60HP 4 Stroke OB and full custom canvas cover with zipper openings ($50,000)
- 1500# Steelhead swinging crane
- The tender stows perfectly on a longitudinal davit with even weight distribution
Production Run: 1983–1993
Well-regarded yacht with strong resale values, the Tollycraft 61 MY is a handsome pilothouse design with tremendous eye appeal and excellent seakeeping qualities. Unlike conventional double-deck motor yachts her size, the 61’s low profile keeps guests and crew at the water level for much of the boat’s length.
Built on an efficient semi-displacement hull with a wide beam and modest transom deadrise, her pilothouse layout includes a roomy salon, a deckhouse galley, and three large staterooms forward including an opulent full-beam master suite with a queen bed and plenty of storage. The hand-rubbed teak interior, upscale fabrics and quality furnishings combine to make the 61 a very comfortable yacht indeed.
Additional features include covered side decks, a shallow prop-protecting keel, and large engine room with cockpit access and near standing headroom. Most 61s were sold with 650hp 8V92s (20 knots cruise/23 top) or 735hp 8V92s (22/25 knots), although she’s still a good performer with the original 485hp 6-71s (15–16 knots cruise/19 top). Nearly 40 Tollycraft 61s were built before she was replaced in 1993 with the Tollycraft 65 Cockpit MYDisclaimer
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Canadian vessels are for sale while located in Canada and are not for sale while located in the USA. Foreign registered vessels are not for sale while located in Canada.
|No. of Engines||2|
|Engine No. 1|
|Engine Make||Detroit Diesel|
|Engine Model||8V92 - TA|
|Engine No. 2|
|Engine Make||Detroit Diesel|
|Engine Model||8V92 - TA|
|Total Engine Hours||6600|
|Designer||Ed Monk Jr|
|Max Draft||4 ft|
|Cruising Speed||18.5 kn|